Bilingual staff can mean the difference when parents call to report their students’ absences, seek information from the school nurse, or speak to teachers.
Sign up for the newsletter Chalkbeat Indiana
Sign up for our newsletter.
Help Chalkbeat raise $80k by Dec 31
Chalkbeat is a nonprofit newsroom filling a vital community need. We could not do this without you, and we need your support to keep going in 2022.
Find your next education job.
- Rocky Mountain Prep: Special Education Teaching Assistant – 1k staffing stipend & 2k signing bonus!
- Poudre School District: LGBTQIA+ Coordinator – Poudre School District
- National Association of Charter School Authorizers: Chief Operating & Talent Officer
- Rocky Mountain Prep: Special Education Teacher
- Gunnison Watershed School District: Digital Marketing Consultant
I never did. Schools must do better.
Chalkbeat asked teachers and students what they remember about that terrifying day 20 years later